WHO has declared the COVID-19 as world pandemic and it was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan and as of now already millions of people have infected all around the world and thousands of hundred have died. Even after months of exposure to COVID -19 around the world there are no signs of any kind of vaccines from any country. So the best way is to take mitigating steps to prevent viruses.
Below are the tips you must follow to stay safe from the COVID-19 virus.
Wash your hands often
Virus can be spread by hand contact, many people touch their face, mouth or nose with their hands, without event noticing that it can lead to spread of virus. Washing hands frequently is the best option to kill virus.
Always wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
And the best way is to wash hands is with soap and water. So keep washing your hands and avoid touching surfaces around you . STAY SAFE and more CAUTIOUS
Wear masks or cover your face with a cloth
- Always maintain social distancing with other people ,that mean try to maintain 6 feet between the person who is sick or any other members who has symptoms of virus .
- If any family member is infected stay away from him and isolate that person.
- When you are going out in the streets keep distance between yourself and others.
- Even people without any symptoms or any health issues , may have been infected with the virus.
- Always try to keep at least 6 feet (about 2 arms length ) from other people.
- Avoid gathering in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
Always cover your face when you sneeze or cough
- When you are not wearing mask or in private place or alone, cover your face and nose with tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Dispose that tissue immediately in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Disinfect all the surfaces in and out of your house
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- In case of dirty surfaces or infected surfaces, clean them. Use detergent or soap solution and water prior to disinfection ,then, use a household disinfectant.
Increase your immunity system
People with good immune system are less prone to the virus , so take good care of your health and also, in case of an infected person, patients with good immune system will recover faster.
Eat health diet.
Exercise regularly to keep yourself fit.
Avoid eating junk food or food which are not good for your body.
READ ALSO : The benefits of regular physical activity
Monitor Your Health
- Even if you are feeling well, watch for symptoms of covid-19.
- Watch for fever, cough, infected nose, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- If any symptoms develop start taking your temperature and keep a track on a piece of paper.
- Avoid taking your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could affect your temperature.